Scarecrow for Halloween!

8:09 AM

Hello everyone!

Last Saturday, I went to my first 'Halloween' party ever! I put Halloween under quotation marks because I went to a friends birthday party. And you had to be dressed up, because around midnight my friend wanted to go clubbing. I did dress up, but I did not go clubbing, because I celebrated my own birthday and Diwali (for the ones who celebrated Diwali; Subh Diwali) the next day! Also, I have actually never been clubbing, so yeah... I feel like that is not really my scene to be honest.

Today, I am going to do something a bit different. I wanted to do a a Halloween make up look since it is Halloween today. And this is like the easiest look ever, it is basically a last minute Halloween look.  

At first, I wanted my make up look to be; half skull and half glam. The bottom half was supposed to be the skull and I would then 'glam up' my eyes. Unfortunately, that did not work out. I used an oil based maquillage/paint set, which made painting colours on top of each other horrendous. Thank god, I practiced a day before the party! When the half faced skull didn't work out I opted for a cracked doll look, but that didn't look right either and I went for the easiest look: The scarecrow!

I have used an oil based face paint. If you don't have that, you can use any kind of pigmented make up (eyeshadows,lipsticks etc.). And you will need a waterproof eyeliner (or else it will smudge) with a very thin applicator. 

The maquillage set/ facepaint I have used. 

The eyeliner I used.

The thinness of the wand. 

Before I started painting my face I did put some foundation and concealer on. That's just my preference, if you don't want to do that, then you don't have to. I thought it'd be a perfect base for the look.  

  1. The first step is to draw a smile on your face! I recommend smiling first and then putting a dot at the beginning of your cheekbones (beneath the apples of the cheeks). From there, you are going to trace the dot back to the corner of your lips and you repeat the same steps on the other side of your face. 
  2. Once you have done that, you can start with the fun part... Drawing on the stitches! I decided to use different sized eyeliner strokes, to give it more of a jagged, stitched up, 3D effect. You can also enhance the 3D effect by shading. But I was in a time crunch and I decided against it. 
  3. To make it a bit scarier, you can put a bit of black paint on the edge of the inside of your lips and in the corners of your lip. That way it looks like you have some black stuff spilling out of your mouth. 
  4. You can also draw stitches over your lips. I did not do that, I have no clue why though...
  5. The next step is to contour a bit. I decided to use the black face paint as a contour colour, because I thought it made my face look a bit gaunt. I contoured my cheeks, my jawline and my forehead. 
  6. Then I drew a square on my head with the eyeliner and divided the square into four little squares.  Afterwards I coloured each little square a different colour with the pencils from the box. I used; blue, green, yellow and red. 
  7. Then you can go ahead and draw the stitches on. 
  8. And now the nose! You basically draw an upside down triangle on your nose with the eyeliner and then colour it with something red/orange. I used the red pencil from the box.  
  9. After that, you draw the stitches on. 
  10. If the pencils fade out the black, you can touch up the eyeliner! 
  11. The last step is to put on a large amount of blush/face paint on the apples of the cheeks. I used the red face paint!

This is the finished look!


Thanks for reading this and I hope you enjoyed it. This is a bit out of my comfort zone, but I thought it was a fun idea! 

xo Laxmi

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Where you can find me

 photo instagram_2.png  photo google.png  photo pinterest_2.png  photo bloglovin_2.png