Trying out the zen- life

11:27 AM

Hey you! How are ya?

The sun is shining and I feel quite good! Last week I did not feel so well. I think I discussed in my last blogpost, but I am not sure. Last week I stayed up all night to finish a project and I felt the aftermath til today! Yesterday I fell asleep 'early'(2 am) considering my bedtime during the week. And I woke up around 6 am to go jogging but I snoozed my alarm until 7:30 am and then went jogging YAAAAAS. Today I freakin' went for it! Finally, because it was long time overdue.  
I have been thinking of jogging in the morning since October last year. I did not make any new years resolutions because I felt like I would not do it or fail them or something like that. I just have to start doing things instead of planning them... You know spontaneously! So yesterday I thought about it and decided I needed to do it! So, I just took Shia's word for it. 

I am also going to meditate more because I sleep very poorly and I realized that my head is just to full when I want to sleep. When I lay down, all my thoughts decide to occupy my brain. And I will start to fret which might go on for hours.. By meditating I want to have more peace in my mind and sleep better. I have found a method where you can practice and control your breathing. The method is called '4-7-8'. You breathe in for 4 seconds, you hold your breath for 7 seconds and then you can let your breath out for 8 seconds. I have already tried this and it had a calming effect on me! I felt very zen-like. And I could use that feeling because I have exams this week and next week I have to turn in all my projects... So yeahhh, I can use all the positive vibes I can get ;)
Since this blogpost is a part of POTW I'll tell you a bit about my week. I couldn't function normally because I was sleep deprived. I felt frustrated and shitty because I wanted to sleep but I couldn't.. 'Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it' (C.R. Swindoll), right? That was it in a nutshell ;)
I hope you have a lovely week ahead of you! If not then I hope you will try to make the best of it.


xo Laxmi 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Where you can find me

 photo instagram_2.png  photo google.png  photo pinterest_2.png  photo bloglovin_2.png